Greek/Roman Inspired Clothing: 2nd dress by Hana Touma, 3rd dress on ebay, 4th dress found here, 5th dress by Madame Gres ,6th dress by Kaufman Franco , 7th dress by J.Mendel, 8th dress by Madame Gres, 9th dress by Jean Desses, 10th dress by Marchesa, 11th dress by 33Jewls, 12th (last) dress by Samuelle Couture
Things I would wear were I a Goddess
The Chase by Paul Keates
"Orpheus playing the Lyre to Hades and Persephone in the Underworld"
(from ‘Orpheus and Eurydice or The Metamorphoses’, c. 1685) - Art Institute, Chicago)
La bella Sicilia.
I feel bad for my neighbor’s cat because he is outside pretty much all the time. I know this because he thinks he owns my backyard and comes around a lot. He also sleeps under the pine tree in the backyard. I’ll be in the backyard and all of a sudden this cat walks out from under the tree meowing. I started giving him water this past summer because of the heat. He’s so affectionate too! Always purring and kneading everything. And yesterday I pulled a tick out of his head.
Based on this very pretty bust of a young Amarna princess, perhaps Akhenaten and Nefertiti’s daughter Meritaten.
I hope you like her! :-)
She is amazing.
I once wrote a book where she was a main character.
And she looks very *true* and real.
Can’t speak for the quality of these books, but I figure that free books are free books and they are worth the read for anyone with an interest in mythology!
Note: All of these books are free as of this writing and most are public domain, but always double check the price before clicking to purchase.
- The Children of Odin The Book of Northern Myths
- Asgard Stories Tales from Norse Mythology
- Myths & Legends of the Celtic Race
- Viking Tales
- Myths and Folk Tales of Ireland
- Hero-Myths & Legends of the British Race
- Aw-Aw-Tam Indian Nights Being the myths and legends of the Pimas of Arizona
- Myths and Legends of the Sioux
- Myths and Legends of the Great Plains
- Myths and Legends of California and the Old Southwest
- American Hero-Myths: A Study in the Native Religions of the Western Continent
- Nights With Uncle Remus: Myths and Legends of the Old Plantation
- Myths of Babylonia and Assyria
- Myths and Legends of Ancient Greece and Rome
- Myths and Legends of China
- Curious Myths of the Middle Ages
- Bible Myths and their Parallels in other Religions: Being a Comparison of the Old and New Testament Myths and Miracles with those of the Heathen Nations … Considering also their Origin and Meaning
- Myths and Legends of All Nations: Famous Stories from the Greek, German, English, Spanish, Scandinavian, Danish, French, Russian, Bohemian, Italian and other sources
- A Book of Myths
- Myths That Every Child Should Know: A Selection Of The Classic Myths Of All Times For Young
- Famous Tales of Fact and Fancy: Myths and Legends of the Nations of the World Retold for Boys and Girls
EDIT: And for those of you that do not have a Kindle — THERE IS AN APP for that! You can get the Kindle app for ipod/iphone etc here, you can also get the program for PC here, and finally the one for Mac over here!
Dear Roman Polytheists:
What would you say are the top 5 books for newbie Roman Polytheist?
Thanks for any help!
I think you might have tagged this wrong jsyk.
An Introduction to Roman Religion by John Scheid is the go to beginner’s book. Not really a newbie book but if someone is interested in Ceres then The Roman Goddess Ceres by Barbette Stanley Spaeth is a great book to get.
It might be good to eventually have some general history books in your library too. You also might want to look into having books on the Etruscans.
Some graffiti found in Pompeii’s ruins:
- Weep, you girls. My penis has given you up. Now it penetrates men’s behinds. Goodbye, wondrous femininity!
- Restituta, take off your tunic, please, and show us your hairy privates.
- I screwed the barmaid.
- Apollinaris, the doctor of the emperor Titus, defecated well here.
- I screwed a lot of girls here.
- Sollemnes, you screw well!
- Theophilus, don’t perform oral sex on girls against the city wall like a dog.
Nice to see nothing has changed.
I love this.
I am laughing so hard
someone basically wrote “secundus is gay” on the wall humankind has not changed at all